1. Go to StoryJumper and login.
2. Click on your digital book-Click Edit-Click Share-Choose Share with Family and Friends-Right Click on the link and Copy
3. Return to this blog and Paste the link as a Comment.
4. Give me a shout for Help! 8)
Ah, hats off to a group of teachers taking the Early Childhood Summer Institute at Union University.
It is pre-meeting night - can't wait to meet and chat with you!
Digital Storytelling is the practice of using computer-based tools to tell stories. As with traditional storytelling, most digital stories focus on a specific topic and contain a particular point of view. However, as the name implies, digital stories usually contain some mixture of computer-based images, text, recorded audio narration, video clips and/or music. Digital stories can vary in length, but most of the stories used in education typically last between two and ten minutes. The topics that are used in Digital Storytelling range from personal tales to the recounting of historical events, from exploring life in one's own community to the search for life in other corners of the universe, and literally, everything in between. A great way to begin learning about Digital Storytelling is by watching the following video introduction to Digital Storytelling. http://digitalstorytelling.coe.uh.edu/archive/
Where to begin?
The digital story will be standards-based and created using StoryJumper.
The teachers will:
1. Identify the standards
2. Determine and jot down the text/script - within story elements
3. Plan, select and gather the illustrations/pictures - STAY LEGAL!
4. And create the book during the first class. So excited!