Dr. Whaley invited me to come for a tech-visit I am so excited.
I am looking forward to meeting you tonight - at the pre-meeting and talking a little about technology. Then, we will reconnect during the week of the course (May 27-31). In the meantime, if your have any questions email me at email@example.com OR give me a shout at 731.661.5384. I am here to help, too.
We will talk about two tech projects that should fit into the teaching-learning environment with those young children.
1. Virtual Fieldtrip
What is a virtual fieldtrip?
This project will focus on your community.
Things to consider: Standards, children, community landmarks
Prior to the first class, you will need to take the trip yourself. Grab a digital camera - and take pics of 10-12)different landmarks. Be sure to take lost of pictures - up close and far away! 8) Save them on a flash or in Dropbox (see below) for easy access.
Next, write a scrip for the tour. What will you say about each picture? What do your children need to know? Talk to the children, as you write. 8)
We will make the rest happen, in class.
Plans made, pictures taken, script written and everything is aligned with selected standards? Let's make it happen!
You will be using the web2.0 tool- VoiceThread.
1. Go to: http://voicethread.com/ and create an account. Be sure to jot down your login info.
2. Click on the My Voice tab. Explore the VoiceThreads, as tutorials
3. Click on the Browse tab. Take a look at some VoiceThreads. The purpose is very different - but the tool is the same.
4. Let's play around in VoiceThread - look for these features: call out text, doodle, slide title and voiceover.
5. Create your virtual fieldtrip using VoiceThread
6. Add your VT URL as a connect this blog! 8)
2. Digital Story
At this time, you should have explored Storyjumper, played with the tools and handwritten your story. The story should connect with standards in one of the content areas.
1. Go to : http://storyjumper.com
2. Review the tools:
3. Be sure your story has all the elements (A)
4. Review the tools in Storyjumper and create your story
5. Add your Storyjumper URL as a comment to this blog! 8)
3. Dropbox and You?
1. Go to: http://dropbox.com